2011年5月12日木曜日

My favorite pickled vegetable





















I will introduce my favorite pickled vegetable, Nozawana.

Nozawana is a Japanese leaf vegetable and often pickled.

I like it because my grand parents live in Nagano prefecture and it is local food there.
I have been eaten it since I was in child.

Next, I will explain Nozawana's history.

In 1756, it was taken by a person who lived in Nozawa from Kyoto to Nozawaonsen village.

It was cultivated around that area, so it was named Nozawana.

We can enjoy eating Nozawana not only as it is, but also stir-fry, adding to Chinese fried rice and eating as spice with Natto.

Be careful to keep it in the refrigerator because it ferment soon in room temperature.

If it fermented, its taste become bad.

You can buy Nozawana at the are of pickled vegetables in the super market.

However, I reccomend buying in Nagano's super market. It is fresh and delicious!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!I'm another yuki!haha

    I've never haerd of Nozawana!
    It looks like spinach.
    How it tastes like?
    I like vegitables and pickled food, so I'm interested eating it!
    Also, if you have original recipes by using it, please let me know!

    返信削除
  2. I want to know what it tastes like too. Is it similar to spinach? I love Japanese pickles because they have a milder flavor than American pickles. Also in America we only pickle olives and cucumbers, but in Japan there are a lot of different kinds. I'll have to try Nozawana the next time I see it.

    返信削除