2011年7月14日木曜日

Spanish food




This week, I went to Spanish reataurant "Cala Montjoi" with seminar member and professor.


It located in near Makuhari station.


The professor chose it becuse his specialty is Spanish studying.


We enjoyed drinking spanish wine and eating paella and Churros.


There were many kinds of it. For example, nomal, squid ink and red pepper.



After eating, the professor told us about Paella.


We may think that Paella is a rice dish with sea food.


However, Paella means pan in Spanish.


People use very big pan in the festival.


Look at top picture!



In addition, Each spanish home have own paella pan.


They don't eat paella everyday. Their usual dish is healthy.


I was surprised at it because there are many oily food in spanish cuisine.



We also heard about Churros.


In Japan, it is known as sweets with sugar.


However, there are no one with sugar in Spain.


It looks like bread , he said.



I learned many spanish culture through that dinner!

3 件のコメント:

  1. That's good to learn about spain having dinner at spanish restaurant!!
    And I didn't know that spanich churros isn't sweet.

    Carrying the pan must be hard by the way... lol

    返信削除
  2. Hi,I'm Yuka.
    I really want to have Spanish food badly..lol
    I was also surprised that there are no sweet Churros in Spain, we used to have sweet one in Japan.

    If there were Spanish festival in Japan, we might see their huge pan!!

    返信削除
  3. I haven't much oppotunity to have
    Spanish food ever, so I wanna go Spanish restaurant.

    返信削除