2011年6月9日木曜日

Healthy food:Okara







Do you know about Okara?

Okara is white or yellowish pulp when soybean filtered in th production of soy milk.

It is traditional food in Japan, Korea and China.

In addition it has uesd as vegetarian food in Western nations since 20 century.


Okara is low in fat,high in fiber and also contain protein,calcium and so on.

It is known as diet food in Japan and it can use variety of food like hamburger,croquette,cookies and doughnut.


Today, I cooked Japanese popular side dishes,unohana.

It consists of okara cooked with soy sauce,mirin,sliced carrots.
I cold cook it easily and it took within 30 minutes.


I recommend cooking okara dishes becaus it is healthy and cheap.

Surprisingly,okara costs within ¥100 at super market.


2 件のコメント:

  1. Hello healthy girl:)
    Do you eat okara frequently? I know that okara is really healthy and we can use it to save money, but I do not eat it a lot. I know only one type of okara menu, so I got bored. Maybe I should know different okara menu and try cooking it for my health and economy! Losing wight and saving money by eating healthy food such as okara is ideal! OK! I decided! I am going to buy okara tonight!!!!!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi Yuki! I'm Noriko:)
    I was surprised that okara have also eaten in Western.

    As you said, okara is healty and low cost food.
    But today, it seems to look as an industrial waste. We need to rethink the value of okara power!

    I'm going to buy okara too:D

    返信削除